Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Update on Al #7

Hi all!!!

Just wanted to let you know we've arrived in Boston safely. The flights weren't bad at all, and the hotel shuttle picked us up without a hitch. There's a nice restaurant/pub just across the parking lot from our hotel, so we had a nice meal and fell into bed last night. I think we both even got some sleep!!!

Since I'm roaming (at 99 cents/minute), I won't be answering my cell phone unless it's someone from MGH. You can leave a voice mail, and I'll call you back, or get me at the hotel after 8:00 pm Central. The number here is 617-625-5300; we're in room 201.

The address of the motel is:

MGH at the Inn
c/o LaQuinta/Tage Inn
23 Cummings Street, Room #201
Somerville, MA 02145

Al has a full day today while we tour MGH to get pre-admissing testing, intake and some x-rays. Somewhere we're supposed to meet with Dr. Mathisen -- for some reason they'd scheduled us to see him YESTERDAY afternoon.

Cleo, thanks for everything. Sorry if I was wicked on the phone last night; Al had finally gotten to sleep when the phone rang -- and some idiot had turned the ringer as loud as it goes. Can you say FIRE ALARM???

Rich, my buddy, my pal, you have saved my life by loaning me this laptop!!!

Karen, thanks again for being so considerate. I picked up the new book from Rebecca Wells; the prequel of the Ya-Yas, 'Ya-yas in Bloom'. Brought a smile to my face yesterday when nothing else would -- so I'm saving it for tomorow's surgery.

Shelley, how are my furbabies???

Marcia, finish your packing!!! Chat w/you later!

Carrie, what's the news on your house?

Josh, thanks for the voicemail; send me your phone number so I can return the call. I appreciate the sentiment, and may save that one forever!!!

Lynn, thanks for the gift. As soon as I can find a newsstand, I'm going to pick up that issue you suggested for Al to enjoy at thehospital!!!

Angie -- Joyce & Uchenna!!! WOO-HOO!!! I was going to stop watching Amazing Race if Rob & Amber won.

Mary, my only request would be empanadas. Al will eat anything -- and is looking forward to your treats, "even if I have to drink them through a straw". I'll send you a separate note later with Shelley's contact info.

Everybody else, thanks for your love and support. I can feel it in my heart, even halfway across the country.

xoxoxo
Sharon

No comments: