Happy Friday, friends and family!!!
FYI -- Al had the PEGG tube inserted this morning, followed by the port-a-cath. He was NOT the least bit happy when Dr. Alsop informed us Al would be staying overnight at the hospital, let me tell you!!! He was even unhappier when he heard he only gets liquids today -- at least he can have his beloved Dr. Pepper. He's STILL not happy, and sent me on my merry little way. Frankly, with the mood he's in, I was happy to take my leave. =)
So I've run some errands that need to be done during business hours, and am going to catch a little nap, then head to the office to make up some time I've been off. And swing back by the hospital to take him something to sleep in. He has his cell phone, and he's at SRHC (785-452-7000) in room 217 if you wanna call him or stop by. Visiting hours are 8:30 am to 8:30 pm.
We watched a fun little video (featuring the OLDEST woman in the world!!!) about care and feeding of a PEGG tube, and they're going to wean him into some nutrition later tonight. Mostly they'll do that to ensure it's in the proper position, and working correctly, but also to 'teach' his stomach to accept liquids from that site.
We're having record-setting heat here in Kansas this week, so I told him to enjoy the A/C and relax. (We haven't turned our A/C on at home yet; commonly don't until well into June.) So I'll be getting the pond cleaned out tomorrow, for sure!!!
Hope all is well in your corner of the world.
xoxoxo
Sharon
No comments:
Post a Comment