Saturday, June 04, 2005

Update on Al #18

Hallelujah! Good news! Al's home from the hospital.

When I called him this morning, he said the nurses thought his infuse-a-port was now infected. When I got to the hospital, it looked to me as though it was just THOROUGHLY irritated from the tape -- they've had 'sealed' tape coverings over it all week. Fortunately, Dr. Cathcart-Rake (the oncologist who's covering this weekend for Dr. Beck) was just getting to the hospital when I arrived, so I got to be there while he examined Al.

His hives/rash is nearly all gone. There are some spots on his back that look a little nasty, healing from the welts that were there. The opening for his PEGG tube seems to be completely healed or scarred or whatever it's supposed to do -- doesn't look like an incision any more. And he's feeling good, and ready to get back to his regular treatments.

They did send him home with an antibiotic for a week and he's to take Benadryl til the hives are all gone, but he's feeling good, and SO happy to be home. Now we can get back to his 'regular' treatment, and get a routine going on so we're not BOTH so out of sorts.

Keep us in your thoughts.

xoxoxo
Sharon

No comments: