I really love the bra style I've been wearing for the past few years. It's mostly cotton, fits well, is readily available fairly cheap at the Marts, and the cup fabric is thick enough for modesty, even in the coldest environment. However, it didn't pass inspection due to the exposed elastic band that runs the full circumference of my body. I'd planned to use my camisoles from surgery, but find the seam at the base of the cup to be rather uncomfortable when I'm vertical all day, so that's not an option.
I promised myself if I didn't need chemo I'd order some new slacks from Lane Bryant, so I checked out their sports bra selection, and added a couple of styles to my order. I'm hoping one or both of them will pass inspection.
Meanwhile, I stopped into Wal-Mart today to see what's available there. I found a fabulous one, but it only goes up to a 40 and I need a 46 or 48. The one style I that I tried on had a front closure, and the hooks and eyes weren't covered well, so they'd really rub against my skin. And the fabric was very lightweight -- no modesty happening there.
But after examining the fit, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror. Now that the swelling has subsided, my breasts are probably a full cup size different. I've known it's changed and I know it will continue to evolve in shape and texture during radiation, but it was really shocking to see the difference so clearly today in that bra. {NOT really evident in my regular bra!}
So it looks like I'll need to stash my cotton knit shirts -- which are pretty much EVERYTHING I own -- in favor of woven fabrics. Or maybe I'll bring back my vests and jackets as camouflage. Fortunately, the weather is cooling off so it shouldn't be too miserable. And my search will continue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope that you find a comfy bra. I thought it was surprising for the doctor to show you hers. At least, she is upfront and honest with her patients.
With it being cooler now, your vests should help "cover" you until your treatments are over.
I am glad that Pam is there for you so she can help YOU, too.
Big hugs-
Linda
Sharon,
Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know I am here if you need anything, just not near my computer much anymore unless it's late. I have been keeping up with our blog though.
Your in my thoughts.
xoxo, Carrie
Post a Comment