Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Update on Al #28

WOO-HOO! Treatment is over!!!

Saw Dr. Perez-Tamayo on Monday, who gave us a big smile, a congratulations and a book on "living after cancer treatment".

With Dr. Beck on Tuesday, got follow-up planned. Al's scheduled for a CT scan on Wednesday, August 24. This will be followed by another fiber-optic bronchoscopy on Monday, August 29. Dr. Berquist will do that, and take biopsies of his trachea again. Then we meet with Dr. Beck on Thursday, September 1 to get the results and figure out where to go from there.

Al's happy to be finished with treatment, and seems disappointed that he's not feeling really better already. =) Dr. Beck told him he should feel quite a bit better in a couple of weeks, and to keep what he's been doing -- rest when he needs to rest, be more active when he feels up to being more active.

I can tell you he's really looking forward to having some solid foods again. Still into the Boost for most of his nutrition, though we picked up some veggies ("I can steam them into mush to eat!") and fruits -- the peaches are just too beautiful to walk away from. He cuts them into small pieces and sucks on them til they're gone!!!

He's still coughing up a lot of thick mucous -- mostly at night -- which Dr. Beck says is from the radiation. Again with the two week mark. I'm holding out for an actual meal in a RESTAURANT with my husband for our anniversary (August 27), as my birthday will be pushing it!!! =)

After a total meltdown yesterday, I'm much better today. Just fighting fatigue and stress a bit, so I'm getting a lot of sleep!!!

I'm really look

No comments: