If you don't care to get these updates, please reply to me to be removed. I know what a downer this is -- believe me -- so I'll understand.
Frequent e-mail updates worked best for me when Al had bypass surgery in 2000. I will update everybody on this mail list as I have news to share (and access to a computer).
We saw Dr. Berquist today, and Al's diagnosis is squamous cell carcinoma. They aren't positive whether the tumor is inside his trachea, or behind it pushing in.
He's going to have a PET scan on Wednesday afternoon here at our local hospital to see where it really is and whether it's spread, so we'll know what stage of cancer he's in.
Then they want us to go to M D Anderson Cancer Center, which is at the University of Texas in Houston for their evaluation. Cancer in the trachea is evidently very rare, and may be difficult to treat. They're happy to treat us here at home, but none of us want to be second-guessing our decisions down the road. They're working on getting that scheduled, but we're expecting it to happen pretty quick.
Thanks for all your support and encouragement. Please keep Al in yourthoughts, your hearts, your prayers -- whatever works for you.
Sharon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment